TEAM

ALEX MALAMATINAS

FOUNDER & MANAGING PARTNER

Alex is the Founder and Managing Partner of Nebari Ventures, which he launched in November 2017. Alex has extensive experience partnering with early stage food and beverage companies and was a senior member of the investment team at Indus Capital (seeded by Soros) and Tyrian Investments (seeded by Julian Robertson). Alex co-Founded Philox, European networking website, in 2006, and began his career in Morgan Stanley’s New York and London offices. Alex received his MBA from Wharton (major in Finance) and BA in Political Science (Honors & Distinction) from Stanford University.

DENNIS MALAMATINAS

ADVISOR

Former Global CEO of Burger King & Smirnoff

Read Bio
Dennis has served as the CEO and/or Chairman of global brands such as Burger King, Smirnoff, Priceline Europe, PepsiCo Italy and several Brand Management positions with Procter & Gamble. He has served on several Boards as a Director or Chairman: Diageo Plc (Director), Reuters (Director), Priceline Europe (Chairman), Saxo Bank (Chairman), Metro Intern. (Chairman) and others. He has been an Industrial Advisor to EQT (Swedish Private Equity firm with a global footprint. EQT has raised over $45 billion raised across 25 funds) and is a member of the Board at MidOceanPartners. Dennis was appointed as one of the five founding members of President Clinton’s Welfare to Work Partnership. He has an MBA from the University of Chicago.

BHAVIN VAKANI

ADVISOR

Head of Industry for Food & Beverage at Google

Read Bio

Bhavin is the Head of Industry for Food & Beverage at Google. He leads a team that helps large brands leverage Google’s marketing and technology solutions to grow market share, penetration and revenue. At Google, he has also worked with companies in Pharma & Consumer Health, CPG, Branded Apparel and has been an SMB Marketer. Bhavin began his career as a consultant at Oliver Wyman. He has an MBA from Wharton, and an MA from the University of Cambridge.

ROBERT JAKOBI

ADVISOR

Founder & CEO of BOU

Read Bio

Robert is a successful food entrepreneur. He is the CEO and Founder of BOU, a better-for-you range of bouillon and gravy cubes that launched in the US market in May 2017 with the aim of disrupting categories in the food industry that have not seen innovation in years. Robert was the former CEO and Co-owner of Metcalfe’s skinny and Metcalfe’s Food Company (launched in 2010). Metcalfe’s Food Company was the fastest- growing, privately-owned food and drink company in the UK. In September 2015, Robert and his partner, Julian Metcalfe spun Metcalfe’s skinny, UK’s leading premium popcorn brand, out of Metcalfe’s Food Company. In January 2016, Julian and Robert sold a 26% stake in Metcalfe’s skinny to Diamond Foods (then the owner of Kettle Chips). In September, 2016, the new owner of Kettle Chips, Snyder’s, acquired the remaining 74% of the business, a deal that maximized the brand’s growth potential in the UK and Europe. Robert has a BA from the University of Pennsylvania.

JACQUES ANTEBI

ADVISOR

Former EVP of Strategic and International Development at KIND Healthy Snacks 

Read Bio
Jacques helps drive strategic transformation and growth in consumer goods companies. He serves on boards and as an advisor to entrepreneurs and investment firms, including Tailwind Capital, where he evaluates investment opportunities and partners with management teams of portfolio companies to improve operations and execute add-on acquisitions. From 2014 through 2017, he led fundamental change across KIND Healthy Snacks as EVP of Strategic and International Development. Prior to joining KIND, Jacques created and led the Private Equity Investments Division for the Inter-American Development Bank Group. Until 2002, Jacques was a partner with McKinsey & Company, serving clients on projects ranging from market entry and strategic partnerships to operations and turnarounds. Jacques began his professional career as an investment banker with Goldman, Sachs & Co. Jacques’s board service includes the Fondo de Fondos, a private equity fund-of-funds with close to $1BN under management, and of Stanford University’s Haas Center for Public Service. He earned an MBA from the Wharton School and the Lauder Institute at the University of Pennsylvania, and a bachelor’s degree, with honors and distinction, from Stanford University.

TEAM EXPERIENCE

NEW YORK

NEW YORK

Nebari Ventures
130 5th Avenue, Floor 5
New York, NY, 10011

© 2019 Nebari Ventures, LLC